Revenue Cycle Experts for Rural Health Care Providers
Providing healthcare services in a small town or rural setting involves unique challenges. PractiSynergy can lighten your load — with an array of services developed specifically for today’s rural healthcare systems.
We can help you:
- Get paid faster
- Increase accuracy and efficiency
- Offload administrative tasks
- Manage staffing challenges
- Comply with training regulations
Medical Billing Services
We have your back when it comes to medical billing. So you can say goodbye to uncaptured charges, dropped appeals, lost documents, and overlooked opportunities.
Here’s how we do it:
- Staffing support. Finding qualified billing specialists full-time
or to fill in during vacations or maternity leaves can be a real
challenge for rural healthcare facilities. We can help — with
experienced staff who can hit the ground running.
- Use of your existing software. We have the ability to work
directly in your current software or through our software,
including sending and processing claims.
- Analysis and follow-up to maximize profits. Our medical billing
specialists follow up on unpaid or denied claims to determine
the cause. When appropriate, we correct, appeal, and re-submit
the claim. We always follow up to ensure timely payment,
working seamlessly as an extension of your business. Your
patients won’t notice a difference!
Thinking about offering telemedicine services? Our consultants will spend time determining what is needed to implement telemedicine at your clinic or facility. We will partner with you to determine processes and technology solutions best for you to start telemedicine services.
Monthly Reporting and Analytics
Get a true understanding of your facility’s performance. We’ll provide customized reports that may include:
- Accounts receivables aging
- Days cash on hand
- Days sales outstanding
- Denials by type and payer
- Summary reconciliation of charges, payments, and adjustments
Does your training meet legal requirements? PractiSynergy can help you make sure you’re complying with training on:
- Fraud, waste, and abuse. Facilities participating in Medicare and Medicaid are required to train all employees and contracted providers (as well as business associates with access to protected health information) on the prevention of fraud, waste, and abuse. Training must be provided upon hire and each year after that.
- HIPAA. All employees, providers, and business associates must receive periodic training required under the HIPAA Security Rule.